Riverstown, Co. Sligo
In late 2019, we took on a project in Riverstown, Co. Sligo for a lovely 2 storey family home. The project was for our Partial Build Package (including Foundation, Timber Frame Kit, External Blockwork and Plastering, Roof Covering, Windows & Doors and PVC Guttering and Downpipes).
From the outset, it was a lovely project to be involved and from the below pictures I’m sure you can agree it looks brilliant now. Ready for other trades such as plumbers and electricians to begin their work on site.
See below the process from Design to construction…..
Location: Riverstown, Co. Sligo
Duration: 4 months
- Once agreement has been reached, we have our engineers do up a report in relation to the structural calculations for the build.
- We then review these calcs with our Timber Frame Designer and Truss Designer to ensure that all parties are happy to proceed with the set calcs
- Our Timber Frame Designer then designs all panels to the exact measurements of the foundations/plans so that when its erected-on site it is 100% accurate.
- Once the drawings have been done and all parties have reviewed and approved of them – it is sent on then to our production manager to organize the production schedule
- Our Factory then work to cut and assemble the panels as per the Designers drawings
- Once all panels are made and have passed our inspection, they are carefully loaded onto a truck and then delivered to the site
- After the team have unloaded the panels on site, they then erect the panels as per the Erection Schedule
- Once all panels are erected, the project manager will inspect the structure and ensure he is happy with all work done now
- Our Engineers (3rd party) will inspect the kit and then issue a certificate to show that it matches their calcs
Once the plans reach out Designer, he does up an initial 3D construct of the build to show what the build will look like. He also highlights in RED any steel that will be required for the build. The image on the left is the ground floor panel layout and the image on the right is the 1st Floor layout.
These images are extremely helpful as it allows us to have a visual idea on how the build should and will look when we have finished erecting the kit.
As part of our Partial Build Package – we cleared the site and dug the foundations ourselves. We had to go with a Strip Foundation for this build, and then used QuinnLite Thermal Blocks. We then proceeded to pour the foundations and then done all necessary work in order to get site ready for the Timber Frame Kit to be erected.
Our foundations plan was engineered and designed by a separate 3rd party from us and all work was inspected and signed off by the engineers once works was completed.
Erecting the Kit
After the kit is unloaded, the team then go about erecting the kit as described in the erection schedule. As you can see on the image on the left the large steel beams that were highlighted in Red on the previous drawings on the last page.
The kits are then snagged by the Engineers, so that if there is any minor problems – these can be resolved and they can issue a cert for the build to show its compliance.
For the exterior finishes of the house – we went with the following:
- Sand & Cement Plaster Finish
- Triple Glazed Windows and Doors
- Tegral Endurance Slates
- Velux Roof Windows